USDA Loan Quick Facts
Minimum Down Payment
Minimum Credit Score
Max Debt-to-Income Ratio
What is a USDA Home Loan?
The USDA Home Loan Program provides up to 102% financing (the purchase price and guarantee fee) for low- to moderate-income homebuyers wanting to buy a home in a rural development area. USDA Home Loans are affordable and backed by the federal government. Qualified program participants must purchase a home in an eligible rural area, as defined by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and have a household income that does not exceed the established limits where the home is located.
What are the benefits of the USDA Home Loan?
USDA Home Loans offer the following features:
- Eligible properties include single-family homes, new construction, modular homes, planned unit developments (PUDs), and eligible condominiums.
- Down payment: Minimum is 0%. The one-time USDA guarantee fee can be included in the loan financing. Mortgage insurance is required.
- Borrower’s income: Can’t exceed the USDA Rural Development limits for the area.
- Gifts and grants permitted from family or government assistance agencies.
- Other requirements and conditions apply.
Who may benefit from the USDA Home Loan?
A USDA Home Loan may the right fit for you if:
- You’re a first-time or repeat homebuyer.
- You want a 0% down payment.
- You’re interested in buying or building a home in an eligible “rural area,” which includes many suburban areas fairly close to cities.
- You’re a low- to moderate-income buyer.
Meet Your Mortgage Expert for
USDA Home Loans
Is a USDA Loan right for you?
Get in Touch with a La Cantera Loan Expert:
My Mortgage App
- Start application/pre-approval
- Calculate payments easily
- Securely scan & upload docs
- See your progress
- Get updates as you go