My First Texas Home Quick Facts
Minimum Down Payment
Minimum Credit Score
Max Debt-to-Income Ratio
What is the My First Texas Home Loan?
The My First Texas Home Loan is offered through a network of participating lenders with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs and is for first-time homebuyers that need access to a competitive interest rate home loan with down payment and closing cost assistance. Potential first-time homebuyers must meet program income guidelines and program purchase price limits.
What are the benefits of a My First Texas Loan?
My First Texas Home Loans offer the following features:
- Available to first-time homebuyers, veteran or a homebuyer who has not owned a home within the past three years.
- 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loans.
- No first time home buyer requirement.
- Down payment and closing cost assistance of up to 5% of the loan amount.
- Buyers can choose to use a government-backed loan (FHA, VA, USDA) or a conventional loan product in conjunction with the My Choice Texas Loan.
Who may benefit from the My First Texas Home Loan?
The My First Texas Home Loan may the right fit for you if:
- You’re a resident of Texas and a first-time homebuyer (or you have not owned a home in the last 3 years).
- You have a fairly good credit score but don’t have a lot of money to put down.
- You want 100% financing and a competitive interest rate.
Sample Loan Scenarios:
10-year Loan Scenario: $200,000 purchase price, $160,000 loan amount, 20% down payment, $1,906.84/month (PITI), 10-year fixed 5.125% interest rate, 5.418% APR.
Meet Your Mortgage Expert for
My First Texas Home
Is the My First Texas Home Loan right for you?
Get in Touch with a La Cantera Loan Expert:
- Start application/pre-approval
- Calculate payments easily
- Securely scan & upload docs
- See your progress
- Get updates as you go